Sunday, July 26, 2009

You're Looking at a Winner!

To start off with, I don't usually get real deep into sports here. I usually save that for my sports blog. But this week Sara and I placed a bet on the NASCAR race...the Allstate 400. All in good fun people...all in good fun. It puts our favorite drivers up against each other.

How fair is it...I don't know. Being that her #1 driver is also my #2 driver. It's really close people...real close. But because I have been a Gordon fan longer...he gets the #1 spot. And they are both from the HMS camp. But whoever's driver came out on top, had to buy the other lunch, a manicure, and $20 gift card to store of winner's choice. The bet was on...



In my corner...My guy Jeff Gordon. Driver of the #24 DuPont Chevrolet.
Starting P22.


(Photo by Geoff Burke/Getty Images for NASCAR)

In Sara's corner...Dale Earnhardt Jr. Driver of the #88 AMP Energy/National Guard Chevrolet. Overcoming a stomach bug this weekend. Staring P3.


(AP Picture 2009-07-25)

Well, I haven't been feeling well for the last 20 hours or so. I fought the sickness and the sleep to watch the Opening Ceremonies. And the beginning of the race. Was the race boring? Yes, it was. Juan Pablo Montoya was just running away with the thing. But Gordon was making some steady, positive movement forward. And Dale Jr. was sitting comfortably in the top 10. No one would have guessed that he had been so sick earlier this weekend.

At lap 127, Dale Jr.'s #88 had some serious issues. A failed engine. It resulted in a DNF for #88 team. I was disappointed. They had been running so well. It looked like the team was turning a better corner. But it was a mechanical issue I suppose.

With Gordon making steady, forward movement and Dale Jr. out of the race...I succumbed to slumber. Yes, folks I took me a nap. When I woke up, there were 2 laps to go! JPM was no longer leading. Turns out, he got a penalty for speeding on pit road. And Jimmie Johnson took the win! It was a pretty good day for the HMS camp. Johnson P1, Martin P2, Gordon P9...and Earnhardt Jr. P36. Another win for Mr. H!

So, I won the bet. A friendly, girly bet. I have no clue where we will go to lunch. Maybe Zio's. And I am thinking a Sephora gift card. What a day! Regardless of who won the bet, it was nice. Sara is a HUGE Dale Jr. fan...and I suppose that she is happy that I am finally cheering on her guy. I have actually been a fan of his since 2007. But we won't get all technical here.

Folks, it was a good run no less for the HMS camp. Johnson took the win and defended his 2008 Indy 500 win. Mark Martin is just having a dream season. Jeff Gordon is having a season that is like night and day to his 2008 season. It looks as though the #88 team is working out the bugs. Dale Jr. looks a lot more comfortable in his ride. And was that swagger that I saw? Yes, folks I think the man has got his swagger back!

I'm leaving you with 3 of my favorite pictures from this weekend. The first one is of Miss Ella Sophia and Ingrid. Ella has got to be the cutest kid on pit road. And so stylish. Her mama is also very chic. The next picture is of Sprint Cup drivers who were in the Allstate 400. In a lot of ways, it reminds me of my Senior Class Picture. I'm just saying... And the last is of Mr. and Mrs. Johnson celebrating their Brickyard win!

Ciao!

XOXO
♥Lola

(Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)


(Photo by John Harrelson/Getty Images for NASCAR)


(Photo by John Harrelson/Getty Images for NASCAR)

No comments:

Post a Comment